- Premium food grade steam-activated charcoal powder (safe for ingestion)
- Made from coconut shell
- Acid-washed for extra purity
- pH neutral
Activated charcoal has a long history of medical and cosmetic use. Activated charcoal is a special form of carbon that can bind other substances on its surface (adsorption). When taken internally, charcoal passes through the digestive tract collecting toxic substances such as chemicals and poisons before they can be absorbed by the body. The substances are then able to be expelled from the digestive tract.
Activated charcoal is made by burning carbon-rich coconut shells at very high temperatures to create charcoal. The result is a black, odourless powder. The charcoal is then "activated" through a special steam process that creates holes in the charcoal particles, increasing surface area and available binding sites.
- Mix with water and take internally for poisoning, indigestion, and diarrhoea (as per advice from a medical practitioner)
- Apply externally in poultices, compresses and baths for the treatment of infections, pain, and as a general detoxifier.
- Whiten teeth by dipping toothbrush into charcoal powder and brushing as normal. Rinse thoroughly and spit until clear.
Caution: May stain fabrics or surfaces.
Read all about the many uses of Activated Charcoal in our blog - Activated Charcoal: The Multi-Purpose Must-Have