Refreshing Cucumber Body Lotion Recipe - PureNature NZ
With cooling cucumber and hydrating aloe vera, this lotion is a wonderful treat for a sun-scorched body.
Phase A: Water Phase (75℃)
|Vegetable Glycerin (humectant)||9g|
|Xanthan Gum (thickener, stabiliser)||0.9g|
|Macadamia Oil (emollient, active)||18g|
|Shea butter (emollient)||3g|
|Fractionated Coconut Oil or Coco Caprylate (emollient, natural alternative to silicone)||15g|
|Cetyl Alcohol (thickener)||3g|
|Polysorbate 60 (emulsifier, thickener)||6g|
|Stearic Acid (emulsifier)||6g|
|Vitamin E: add at 38℃ (antioxidant, active ingredient)||2.4g|
|Aloe Vera Gel (active ingredient, humectant)||15g|
|Hyaluronic Acid (active ingredient, humectant, anti-ageing active)||6g|
|Panthenol Vitamin B5 (active ingredient, humectant)||6g|
|Cucumber Extract (active)||6g|
|Fragrance/Essential Oil of your choice||0.9g|
1. Sterilise the equipment and prepare each group of ingredients.
2. Start with Phase B. Put Xanthan Gum and Glycerin into a beaker together. Mix well until Xanthan is dissolved.
3. In a separate beaker, mix together all ingredients from Phase A. Place the beaker into a double boiler and heat Phase A ingredients to 75℃.
4. In the third beaker, mix together all ingredients from Phase C. Place the beaker into the double boiler and heat Phase C ingredients to 75℃.
5. Remove both beakers from the heat.
6. Add Phase B Xanthan/Glycerin mixture to the Phase A beaker and stir well.
7. Pour Phase A/B into Phase C and mix until uniform. Blend mixture with a stick blender to create a creamy texture. Keep the head of the mixer deep in the formulation in order to avoid creating air in the mixture.
8. Place the beaker containing the blended mixture into an ice bath.
9. When cooled down to 40℃ , add ingredients from Phase D and stir well again.
10. When the mixture is below 30℃, add the essential oils (if any).
11. Check pH. It should be around 5.5. If necessary, adjust with with Citric acid. Stir well.
12. Decant the lotion into glass pots and secure lid.
NOTE: The information given above is based on our research and is believed to be accurate. No guarantee of its accuracy is made and no liability regarding this formulation or information contained herein. We recommend you conduct your own tests when formulating any skin care recipe.