100% Pure Gum Turpentine
Please note, this turpentine is NOT to be used for therapeutic purposes. It should NOT be ingested or used topically. Please refer to the MSDS information for this product.
Full manufacturing process can be viewed here.
Gum Turpentine is the volatile oil distilled from pine resin, which itself is obtained by tapping trees of the genus Pinus. It should not be confused with Mineral Turpentine which is a petroleum derivative and has different properties and applications.
Gum Turpentine is mainly used as a source material from which other compounds are isolated. In modern times the primary use for these isolates is in the fragrance and flavouring industries. Turpentine is also a useful solvent or cleaning agent particularly for paints and varnishes hence it is also referred to as 'Artists turpentine'. It can also be mixed with natural waxes such as Beeswax or Carnauba wax to make a natural furniture polish.
This product is intended for external use only.
Product Name: Gum Turpentine
CAS No.: 8006-64-2
HS Approval # HSR001233
HSNO Classification: 3.1C, 6.1D (All), 6.1D (O), 6.1D (D), 6.1D (I), 6.3A, 6.4A, 6.5B, 9.1C (All), 9.1C (C)
Flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Harmful if inhaled.
Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction.
Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Keep out of reach of children. Read label before use. Read safety data sheet before use.
Keep away from all possible sources of ignition e.g. heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces.
Keep container tightly closed. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measure against static discharge. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when handling including eye protection and gloves. Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Avoid breathing fume/vapours. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace.
Avoid release to the environment.
If on SKIN (or hair): Removed/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. Wash with plenty of soap and water. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Do NOT induce vomiting. If Skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
If in EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do so. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
In case of FIRE: Use dry chemical, CO2, foam for extinction.
Call a POISON CENTRE 0800 POISON (0800-764-766) if you feel unwell.
Store in a well-ventilated place. Keep cool.