Passionflower & Chamomile Cream Cleanser Recipe - PureNature NZ
A gentle creme cleanser rich in nourishing plant oils. Chamomile and Passionflower help to calm and soothe irritated skin, whilst Castor oil and Coconut oil effectively remove makeup and restore the skin's natural balance.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Phase A - Water Phase (75℃)
Phase B - Slurry Phase
Phase C - Oil Phase (75℃)
Phase D - add below 40 degrees
1. Sterilise the equipment and prepare each group of ingredients.
2. Start with Phase B. Add the Carrageenan Gum and Glycerin to a beaker and dissolve by mixing well.
3. In a separate beaker, mix together the ingredients from Phase A. Using a double boiler, heat phase A to 75℃ while stirring gently.
4. Add the Phase B Carrageenan/Glycerin mixture to Phase A and stir well.
5. In the third beaker, mix together all the ingredients from Phase C. Add the Phase C beaker to a double boiler and heat to 75℃.
6. Remove both beakers from the heat.
7. Pour Phase C into Phase A/B and mix until uniform.
8. Using a stick blender, blend mixture into a creamy texture. Keep the head of the blender deep in the formulation in order to avoid bringing too much air into the formulation.
9. Place the vessel into an ice bath and continue stirring slowly for a few minutes.
9. When cooled down to 40℃ , add ingredients from Phase D and stir again.
10. When cooled to below 30℃ add the fragrance (if any).
11. Check the pH - it should be around 5.5. If necessary, adjust with Lactic or Citric acid.
NOTE: The information given above is based on our research and is believed to be accurate. However, results are case-dependent and we do not take responsibility for finished products.