A true liquid soap of vegetable oil origin- surfactant free
Natural translucent pale yellow colour
Requires the addition of essential oils or fragrance oils for fragrance
It’s important to NEVER add vinegar to liquid soap. Vinegar is an acid and it will return the soap back to its original state – oil and water.
Best thickened by the addition of Hydroxyethylcellulose (HEC)*
Can be thickened with salt – however, this does not always produce a stable product.
No Mineral Oil compunds
No Sulfates (SLS & SLES)
No PEGS, PPG or DEA
Ingredients: Aqua, Potassium Cocoate, Glycerin, Potassium Oleate, Potassium Castorate.
*Best thickened with HEC, for stability over a long period. Simply disperse HEC into a slurry with Glycerine, add COLD water into the slurry, and SLOWLY add the cold slurry into liquid soap base under constant mixing and heating.
This product is intended for external use only
Mix and heat to around 35degrees then turn off. The combination of heat and alkali (soap) will cause HEC to thicken.
Add essential oils once thickened and cooled. Experimentation is required for EOs and FOs as they have different properties and all react differently in liquid soap – eg., some might require an emulsifier to prevent clouding, while others may further thicken the soap.
Example formula for producing 1,000g (1kg) liquid soap batch.
1. Disperse 0.1-1% (or 1-10g) HEC into 3-5% (or 30-50g) Glycerine to make a slurry
2. Add 10-20% (or 100-200g) COLD water into the slurry and disperse
3. Add up the amount of HEC + Glycerine + cold water you have used in steps 1-2 above.
For example 10g HEC + 50g Glycerine + 200g water = 260g. Subtract that from 1,000g, which will give the amount of liquid soap base to use (1,000 - 260 = 740g liquid soap base).
4. SLOWLY add the cold water slurry into liquid soap base while SLOWLY heating, with continuous mixing.
5. Heat to around 35 degrees, turn off and cool. Stir a few times as it cools.
This is just an example – you might find that you like to dilute the liquid soap base by 50%. It’s trial and error and will depend upon your desired consistency.
Ideas for using PureNature Liquid Castile Soap
- As a cleaning product for surfaces, dilute the paste by 50-70%, add eucalyptus oil.
- As a floor cleaner, add 20ml into standard bucket.