Imagine if there was a single herb that could help heal wounds and burns, reduce inflammation and boost skin tone!
Imagine no more! That’s Calendula in a nutshell. (Well, in a flower)
Also known as marigold, Calendula (Calendula officinalis) is a hardy plant that flowers for most of the year, In fact, its name is derived from the Latin Calends, meaning “throughout the months”. It’s a bright, sunny bloom that you’ll see growing in most gardens or parks. And it’s quite literally one of the most useful herbs ever to take root.
Calendula has been used for centuries to treat many ailments and was even used to make beer. Today, it’s more often used to topical ailments – i.e., damaged skin or other external issues. In fact, some medical herbalists believe it’s the single most useful herb for healing skin.
Uses of Calendula
Calendula is your go-to for help treating an enormous range of skin ailments including:
- Burns, cuts and other abrasions
- Chapped lips or hands
- Strained muscles and sprains
- Nappy rash
- Dry, itchy skin and dermatitis
- Stings or swellings
- …. the list goes on!
Benefits of Calendula
- It’s antimicrobial : Calendula has been shown to exhibit antimicrobial activity against bacteria and fungi
- It’s an antioxidant: Calendula has been shown to prevent oxidative stress to skin cells
- It’s anti-inflammatory
- It can help heal wounds, grazes, burns and bruises
- It promotes healing: Calendula helps to increase blood flow and oxygen to the treated area, stimulating new tissue growth
- It improves hydration and firmness of skin
Basically – unless you’re Superman, you’re bound to need Calendula for most things on most days of the week! And if you have children (especially small ones) you’d be crazy NOT to have a Calendula balm on hand!
Make Your Own Calendula Balm - It's Cheap and Easy!
A balm is one of the easiest ways reap the full benefits of Calendula. In fact, herbalists believe that Calendula is most therapeutic when used as a balm or as a Calendula-infused oil. And now it’s easy to make your own!
PureNature’s fantastic Make Your Own Calendula Balm Kit is the easiest and most cost-effective way to make your own healing Calendula balm. This kit has everything you need to make two 50ml pots of Calendula Balm. Keep one for yourself and give the other to a friend!
Calendula Products for DIY
- Calendula Infused Oil - add to your balms, face/body oils and emulsions
- Organic Calendula Infused Oil - add to your balms, face/body oils and emulsions
- Calendula Extract - water-soluble and alcohol-free, add to toners, facial mists, masks, emulsions etc.
- Dried Calendula Flowers - make your own infused oil or herbal teas
- Dried Calendula Petals - make your own infused oil or herbal tea's, great for bath salts, decorating bath bombs and soaps.
Copyright, PureNature. This information is intended for personal use of PureNature customers and may not be reproduced, shared or used for commercial purposes without written consent.