Makes 200g or 4 x 50g bars (approx)
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (SCI) Powder 90g (45%)
- Sodium Coco Sulfate (SCS) or Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSA) 20g (10%)
- Decyl Glucoside 20g (10%)
- Conditioner Pellets (BTMS 25) 20g (10%)
- Cocoa Butter Chips 10g (5%)
- Cetyl Alcohol 12g (6%)
- Stearic Acid 8g (4%)
- Vegetable Silicone Non-Volitile 7g (3.5%)
- Provitamin B5 3g (1.5%)
- Lactic Acid 2g (1%)
- Silk Protein or Soy Protein 2g (1%)
- Fragrance 4g (2%)
- Euxyl PE9010 2g (1%)
- Mica 1tsp
2 x Pyrex Jugs
2 x Small Beakers
Clamshells/ Silicone 6 Cavity Square Mould/ Silicone Muffin Tray
- Weigh fragrance into a small beaker. Add tsp of chosen mica, mix well and set aside.
- Weigh Euxyl (preservative), lactic acid and provitamin b5 into another small beaker and set aside.
- In a small beaker weigh decyl glucoside and silk protein , sit in a bowl of boiling water gently stirring - the silk will dissolve.
- Put on a dust mask on (IMPORTANT) and weigh out the SCI powder and SCS or SLSA into a large pyrex jug.
- Weigh vegetable silicone, stearic acid, acetyl alcohol, btms 25, cocoa butter then melt in microwave until it’s liquid, add the powders to this mix and stir to combine.
- Put back into the microwave for 30 seconds (make sure you watch it as you don’t want it to boil over), stir well again. Repeat step it if starts to set.
- Add in the two beakers from step 1 and 2 and stir well and pour into the moulds. If it is hardening pop back in the microwave for another 30 secs stir briefly and then pour.
- Let them cure/harden for a week before use. Keep in a dry place in bathroom/shower.
Please note: This recipe will make approx 4 bars dependent on the mould size. You will be able to make the recipe many times with the ingredients left over. Our conditioner bar also uses alot of the same ingredients so you can utilise them here too.
Check out our luxurious conditioner bar recipe here.